Monday, October 26, 2009

u2ube

So a lot has happened this past month-ish. Some really shitty things and some really great things. It's been busy, and there has not been much time to write. But here I am with some time... so let's focus on the great things that have happened.

Well most recently I have become a full-time employee of Tyndale as a Seminary Admissions Counsellor. Yay for full-time money! It's going well so far. Lot's to learn, but it'll be good. I'm going to be a recruiting machine.. I just know it! :) Last week, my first week, was a little, or a lot crazy, but now I'm getting more into the role and getting some real sleep at night.

Now that I've had time to sit back and relax (being sick will force you to do so), I had time to re-visit my wonderful experience with U2 in September. Yes that was a while ago, and I did mean to share about it back then, but youtube is a wonderful thing, especially when it airs live U2 shows! boom baby! So I didn't actually watch it live... it was past my bedtime... but I did get to watch the whole thing today, and it was wonderful. Let me briefly tell you of my U2 concert experience back in Sept.

Though the show didn't start until 7:30.. and U2 didn't even go on stage until 9pm, our day started much earlier. I dragged Chris (bless his soul) down to the Skydome at 2pm. And we waited in line.. for a very long time. In total, waiting and concerting, we stood for a good 9 hours. ouch. Anyways, it was well worth the wait, as it always is... :) We got so freaking close! We had one row of people in between us and the outer circle (you can check it out on u2ube for yourself). I got some stellar pictures if I may say so.

There were many memorable moments of the concert, but this by far was my favorite. It was the moment when they began to sing Amazing Grace. I'd say it was quite a worshipful moment. And all of a sudden they began to play Where the Streets Have No Name... by far one of the best songs written of all time.. not just by u2. Just saying. In the moment I felt like I would either puke all over the person in front of me or my heart was going to jump out of my skin.. I was so stoked! It was so incredibly wonderful! And I was reminded of this moment tonight as I watched it again online... though its way more awesome when your actually there.. when the beat is pumping through your body. So great!

That's it for now. I could say more. But I will let you watch and see for yourself the awesomeness that is u2.

No comments: