Thursday, July 20, 2006

rockin' out with trey

Tuesday, July 18th 2006 was a good day. What made it a good one? Let me tell you. Chris and I headed to downtown Toronto to the Hummingbird Center to see TREY ANASTASIO in concert! He was so great! I loved every minute of it. I do admit that I was kicking myself afterwards for not going down to the front (or as close to it as possible) and simply standing infront of our row Z seats (which was not actually the very back surprisingly). Nonetheless, I enjoyed the show thoroughly from where we were.
It was a great sight to see hundreds of people dancing like there was no tomorrow as Trey, Mike and the Duo played onstage. The sights, the lights, the sounds, the smells, the people... it was all so good.
Chris and I talked about this postshow, but it took both of us a while to actually realize that we were actually seeing Trey live. We were in the same room. Woo! I had to remind myself every so often. I wasn't as awe-struck as I was when I saw U2 in September '05, but it was still pretty damn good.
They did a great cover of 'who are you' by the who. I'd say it was one of my favorite moments of the show along with the acustic guitar and banjo duet with Trey and Mike. But dont get me wrong, the whole show was my favorite moment.
So nothing too deep to say about the whole experience, but I just wanted to fill you all in on how good the show was.

3 comments:

C.D. Clements said...

i agree

David said...

Nyssa, I would agree whole heartedly, and I too had a similar expierence at the U2 concert in september. In someways it was as if the night never happened because it seemed so unreal, its funny how that happens, like the Coldplay concert I remember completely, its an interesting study, how one band creates more awe than another and makes me think that is God like that sometimes, where we gain a moment of spiritual connection and like the next day feel as if it didn't happen because we expierenced so much awe. Hmmm good post.

Anonymous said...

I have a blog.

I am so awesome (for having a blog)

Yeah.

blog.alhounsell.org