Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ramblings from a bored little soul

So I'm incredibly bored today... It's a rainy Sunday afternoon. I have a lot of things that I could do: write my final paper of the spring, wash the dishes, go for a misery walk in the rain. But I rather not do any of those. So I will ramble here instead.

Here are somethings that I have been thinking of recently...

- In the past few weeks, there have been a number of people ask me where I see myself working in a few years from now and what is my vision for my future. Every time they ask me I get this stunned look on my face and try to answer them with an answer they want to hear. They want to hear that I have it all together and that I have a solidified plan for the fall and the future. But in reality, I have no clue. There are a bunch of things that would be fun to do and I have an overall general idea of the kind of things I would like to do with my life, but when people ask me... I don't have a very good answer to give them. Some may think that is not good and that I am unprepared. I would like to think of it as a lesson in trusting the Lord. Ya I should get on a few things for the fall specifically, but right now, I am content with being open to the endless options that are in front of me. I am content in not knowing, but knowing that the Lord already knows. People can think what they want of me, but what I know is that the Lord is in control, and that is all I could ever ask for.

- In other news, Chris and I are heading to camp in 6 days! Yay! This year I get to be a small group leader 1st session and be part of the Faithfully Improvising the Christian Story (FICS) teaching team for the 2nd session. The FICS role is a new one for me. I'm really excited to teach the bible and theology to a bunch of teenagers, but a little nervous at the same time. Should be a good growth opportunity for me. Chris says that growth opportunities are the best. Both Chris and I will try to find some time to blog about our camp experiences throughout the summer.. so stay tuned in.

- The other day I was riding my bike in the trails of TO and I came too close to comfort to riding over a poor little chipmunk. Thankfully his little legs moved fast enough to miss my tire by a centimeter, but still... it was a bit traumatizing. I wouldn't ever want to hurt a cute little thing and have it explode under my tire. Yuck.

These ramblings are getting silly now... I still want to procrastinate, but I might try to finish this paper off (or at least start it). If you have actually read these ramblings, bless your heart. Peace out.

No comments: