Thursday, April 26, 2007

early morning ramblings

It's 6:03am, and I can't sleep. I've been awake since 4:45ish. I hate being sick. Im tired and just want to rest, but I can't. Though I'm tired, can't sleep, and can't breathe through my nose, it has been nice to watch the sun rise and hear the birds sing early this morning.

In addition to not being able to sleep due to my sickness, there are also a number of things on my mind right now which are not allowing me to be well rested.

1. I'm thinking that as of this coming Monday morning at this time, I will be at work already... yikes. I'm sort of nervous to start the new job. Its a little nerve wracking meeting new people who I will be spending the majority of my summer with.

2. In only about 3 hours from now, I have to tell the new RA team a 'nugget of wisdom'. What the heck am I supposed to say? 'It's a great experience that you should embrace and be thankful to be a part of'', when what I really want to tell them is 'run while you still can'? Am I supposed to tell them the truth, or just let them figure it out on their own? I guess only time will tell.

Well these have been my early morning thoughts for Thursday, April 26th. I'm going to try to sleep again now... even though the geese have now arrived for the day and have made their presence known loud and clear...

1 comment:

Patrick Sutherland said...

to make you jealous I will inform you I went to bed at 7 last night and woke up at 8 this morning...

to bring me back to reality the night previous I didn't sleep...

P the P